Thousands of files may go into the production of even a short video. These files include raw footage, images, audio files, documents, and in-process working files. When working as a team, the systems in place to manage and share assets can make the difference between a chaotic and time-consuming process that misses deadlines and doesn’t hit the quality marks for the project or a streamlined, effective process that helps creatives complete high-quality finished videos on time and on budget. A cloud-based video storage system is an investment that can frontload your operations to make sure your team can get their hands on whatever they need whenever they need it. Cloud-based video storage and retrieval systems can be a game changer for creative teams.
Cloud-Based Video Storage Solutions Make It Easier to Produce Quality Work
Cloud-based solutions enable working remotely and collaborating with team members from anywhere in the world. These solutions increase efficiency and streamline workflows, reducing production and postproduction budgets.
- When storing media assets and work-in-process files in the cloud, your entire team can search and retrieve media files quickly and start working on the creative aspects immediately.
- Disorganized assets negatively affect the creative process. When editors and other creative team members must spend excessive time on search and retrieval, they are moved out of the creative mindset. This loss of flow prevents creative teams from working effectively as they must shift gears from search-and-retrieval back to creative editorial work.
- Cloud-based video storage systems, or media asset management systems (MAM), often feature metadata enrichment that allows laser-focused selection of assets. Metadata is all the details that can be used to describe an asset’s content so that users do not need to open them to determine if they have located the correct file. Examples of metadata include file types, dates, locations, and keywords. Artificial intelligence-powered enhanced metadata can consist of facial recognition, object, location, location details, and speech-to-text acquisition of keywords.
- Cloud-based video storage solutions support effective review and approval workflows. Other team members, producers, and even clients can easily review files and provide feedback from remote locations. This ability to review files and provide feedback during production and postproduction enhances collaboration and supports a highly creative work culture. MAM systems that allow note-taking and attach those notes to the assets allow team members to share information easily.
- Managing versions ensures all team members can access the most up-to-date assets and work on the right content, reducing errors and eliminating costly and time-consuming reworks.
- Platforms that centralize storage also ensure brand consistency. All members of the creative team have access to the same templates and resources and can quickly see their own work compared to the in-process work of their peers.
- When storing your assets in a centralized cloud-based system, you control who has access to the content. Your valuable files are well protected with state-of-the-art security.
- Cloud-based MAM systems also enable workflow automation. This capability can be especially useful for repetitive but essential tasks. For example, automating ingest, transcoding, and metadata collection reduces the workload for creatives and allows them to focus on the more rewarding parts of their job.
Cloud-based video storage systems are essential to the modern video editing environment. These systems streamline operations and facilitate collaboration, allowing video production to be completed on shorter timelines while producing higher-quality videos.
Learn How Your Creative Teams Can Benefit from Acorn Cloud
Acorn Cloud is a cloud-based media workflow and management platform for video production. Acorn Cloud partners with the best-of-breed technologies, including Adobe Premiere Pro, AWS, Quantum CatDV, and LucidLink, to provide creatives with a powerful cloud-based media asset management and workflow solution. Our SaaS system is a turnkey managed solution and is fully supported, so your creative teams can quickly get to what they do best: creating high-quality videos.
Acorn Cloud has been designed from the ground up to help creative teams thrive working remotely. Acorn Cloud was designed by CHESA, experts in systems integration for video production with more than thirty years of experience supporting creatives.
To find out if Acorn Cloud is right for your team, contact us to book an online demo.